CyberLink YouCam has a lot of effects* that you can apply to your live webcam image. When applied, a user viewing your webcam instantly sees the effect. These effects are also applied to any photo snapshots or webcam video you are recording at the time.
- Avatars: animated character effects that use facial feature tracking to mimic your face movement and actions. Use an avatar if you are feeling a little camera shy or if you want to record a video with different characters. See Using Avatars for more information.
Note: you can create your own custom avatars using the Avatar Creator. See Using the Avatar Creator for more information.
Note: some of the available filters use face tracking technology to apply the filter to just your face or head. Select the various filters to set your hair on fire, apply a mosaic effect to just your face, and more.
- Scenes: a selection of fun locations where your webcam image displays, such as poster boards, video walls, and movie theater screens.
- Gadgets: applied effects that let you magically add hats, masks, and more to your webcam image using face tracking technology.
- Distortions: lets you apply various distortions to the webcam video. Some distortions let you change the focal point of the distortion on the video with the click of a mouse or the touch of a finger.
- Frames: lets you add various stylish and festive borders to your webcam video.